Yes, the historic 50th Towersey Festival kicks off in just one weeks time – Thursday 21 August 2014.
The celebrations will be officially launched by The Bootleg Beatles, and continue until right through into Bank Holiday Monday, 25 August. In between, there’ll be performances from hundreds of artists and performers including Richard Thompson, Seth Lakeman and Lau. The Chipolatas will be hosting a special ‘takeover night’ and we’ll also be celebrating the 50th birthday of the world’s oldest truly independent record label, Topic Records with a one-off, very special concert.
NEWS & UPDATES
* Megan Henwood added – the rising Oxfordshire artist will be joining The Bootleg Beatles on Thursday 21 August. Megan previously played the Towersey Festival launch party, hosted by Thame’s First Thursday Music Club.
* Tickets: Limited – Weekend Season tickets (for the full festival, with camping) are close to selling out, so we’re recommending swift purchase. Weekend Season tickets begin at £135 (adult)/ £105 (conc)/ £95 (12-17yrs)/ £55 (5-11yrs), under 5s free.
For special discounts for Towersey and Thame Residents call 01629 827016 for more details or to book.
* More Showground Artists – the latest artists to be added to the Showground line-up are acrobatic clowns Mattress Circus and Oxford-based Brazilian carnival/ dance music troupe Sol Samba. Admission to the Showground is just £8/£3 per day (tickets available from 10am Fri-Mon at the gate).
* Towersey Real Ale and Cider Festival – we have another great range of tipples lined up including 2013 Towersey Festival winner golden Summer Lightning, Tea Kettle Stout (an award winning velvety stout with hints of chocolate and coffee), Tham’in of the Brew (a fruity little number named after the beautiful market town, lovely malt and bitterness) and Dr Hexter’s Healer (a punchy full flavoured strong bitter packed full of marmalade zestiness. You can try them all at our ale tasting on Friday 10.30am at the Showground Bar.
* Full Timetable available – Download the full day-by-day/ hour-by-hour timetable for Towersey Festival 50 [Download/View]
The full Children’s Festival Programme is also available for download: [Download/view]
* Photo Opportunities – While it might take you less than an hour to pop your tent up … it takes us days! Festival crews are on-site now, so if you’d like a photo of the site as it’s being constructed, let us know (we’d suggest early next week).
* Last Minute interviews – a number of artists and Festival Director Joe are available for interview. Contact us for more information…