Towersey Festival 2015 – Various Artists
Released Monday 18 May 2015
Available for download via towerseyfestival.com or NoiseTrade.com
Forty-seven years after their last release, Towersey Festival has announced a second album.
The 18 track compilation, titled simply Towersey Festival 2015, features an array of rarities, album tracks, singles and exclusives from a selection of artists due to appear at this year’s festival.
Among the contributors are Aussie troubadour Kim Churchill, multi-award-winning duo Chris While and Julie Matthews, the hotly tipped Keston Cobblers’ Club, and singer-songwriter Lisbee Stainton.
They’re joined by respected multi-instrumentalist Luke Daniels, Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin, The Askew Sisters (winner of Spiral Earth’s Trad Folk Award 2015), Gaelic Singer Of The Year Mischa Macpherson, and Rob Heron And The Tea Pad Orchestra (The Americana Music Association’s UK Americana Band 2015).
Also included is folk legend Roy Bailey, whose I Thought I Had No Voice features guests Martin Simpson and Andy Cutting. Towersey Festival Patron Roy took part in the very first festival, back in 1965, and has continued to appear regularly since, including an emotional appearance at 2014’s 50th anniversary.
The album is available from Monday 18 May 2015 as a free/ pay-what-you-want download via the festival website: www.towerseyfestival.com
Towersey Festival 2015 is the long-awaited follow up to the now highly collectable Festival At Towersey album. Released in 1968, good condition vinyl copies can now fetch £80-plus.
One of the UK’s oldest independent music festivals, Oxfordshire’s Towersey Festival mixes appearances from renowned folk, acoustic and roots artists with an extensive programme of workshops, theatre and circus performances, film and family-friendly activities, plus music instrument and craft stalls, gourmet street food, real ale and cider. The 2015 festival runs from Friday 28 to Monday 31 August 2015.
- Keston Cobblers’ Club – The Children Who Wear Socks On Their Heads
- Kim Churchill – Canopy
- Lisbee Stainton – Navigating
- Luke Daniels – Way Back Home
- Mischa Macpherson – Leanabh an Oir
- Chris While and Julie Matthews – Gone Girl Gone
- Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin – Silbury Hill
- Rob Heron & The Tea Pad Orchestra – High Speed Train
- Ninebarrow – The Sea
- Salt House – Katie Cruel
- The Askew Sisters – The Maid on the Shore
- Roy Bailey, featuring Martin Simpson, Andy Cutting and Marc Block – I Thought I Had No Voice
- The Dovetail Trio – Two Magicians
- King Kontra – Skunk In The Hosepipe
- Maniere des Bohemiens – I Got Rhythm
- Steamchicken – Oh Mary Don’t You Weep (Mix)
- Chalktown – Burning Down The Barn-Those Pesky Kids
- Elvis Fontenot – Elvis Zydeco
Available for download from:
Images for media use (including featured acts):
- Towersey Festival 2015 album cover
- Keston Cobblers’ Club
- Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin
- Kim Churchill (zip file)
- Roy Bailey
- Mischa Macpherson
- Lisbee Stainton
- The Askew Sisters (zip file)
- Salt House
- Chris While and Julie Matthews
TOWERSEY FESTIVAL LISTINGS:
Friday 28 August to Monday 31 August 2015
The Thame Showground, Kingsey Road, Thame, Oxfordshire OX9 3JL
Headline acts include: Bellowhead, Joan Armatrading, Stornoway, Show Of Hands, Treacherous Orchestra, Sally Barker, Birmingham Conservatoire Folk Ensemble, John Smith.
Tier 1 & 2: SOLD OUT
Tier 3 (limited): Adult £120; Conc £110; Youth £84; Child £55; U5 free.
Tier 4: Adult £135; Conc £110; Youth £95; Child £55; U5 free.
Day Tickets from £30 (Adult); £21 (Youth); £14 (Child); U5 free.
Camping £25 per Adult and Youth.
No booking fees.
For more information on Towersey Festival and this release, please contact us: